On Sunday, September 18, we will recognize the faithful service of Kelli Meinholdt. At the end of July this year Kelli stepped down as the director of our Martin Luther Lutheran School. She served in this role for 14 years, almost since the school was founded.
Special Thank You Event
We invite you to show your thanks to Kelli with a special recognition on Sunday, September 18.
This will include several elements:
At worship (9:45 a.m.) we will have a commemoration for her ministry among us.
After worship (about 10:55/11:00 a.m.) we will have a reception in her honor.
You are invited to add to the day of thanks in one or more of these ways:
- Attend the worship service and reception
- Make a financial gift to the Martin Luther Lutheran School in honor of Kelli. Please include a note that you are doing this in her honor. You can make checks payable to: MLLS, making note of this gift being in honor of Kelli Meinholdt.
- Provide a monetary gift for Kelli through the church office. Cash or checks, payable to MLLC. It would be helpful to have these by noon on September 14 so we can write one check to Kelli.
- Bring or send a card or letter to express your gratitude
- Include a gift of your choice with your note
If you cannot attend on September 18, know that we can receive these personal notes and gifts at the church office to pass these along to Kelli.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Pastor David Tinker at the church office – 979-278-3388.
We are well on our way to our goal for the Souper Bowl of Caring in 2014. As of Sunday, January 26, 2014, we have collected $223.00 for local hunger relief. The Lutheran Youth Organization (LYO) of Martin Luther Lutheran Church thanks you for your generosity so far.
Our goal is to meet or exceed last year’s total. In 2013 we collected $637.74. We are only $415.75 away from exceeding last year’s very successful year. Together we can help alleviate hunger in our community.
If you will not be able to attend worship this Sunday, or you simply forget to bring something to give on those dates, feel free to drop by or mail your Souper Bowl of Caring gifts to the church office by February 9.
Martin Luther Lutheran Church
P O BOX 362
Carmine, TX 78932-0362
Here is the official web site of the Souper Bowl of Caring: http://www.souperbowl.org/
Here is the Mission and Vision of the national Souper Bowl of Caring ministry:
Mission / Vision Statement
Using the energy of the Super Bowl to mobilize youth in a united national effort to care for people in their local communities who are hungry and those in need.
Transform the time around the Super Bowl into the nation’s largest celebration of giving and serving.
- The idea for Souper Bowl of Caring is a gift from God
- Young people have the ability to serve and should be given opportunities to lead their communities in helping others
- Every dollar collected through Souper Bowl of Caring should be donated directly to a charity selected by each participating group
- People of all backgrounds and beliefs can work together
- Hunger and poverty have a negative impact on individuals and the communities in which they live, yet there is joy in serving and giving to those in need
- The excitement and energy surrounding the Super Bowl can be used to engage young people in service while producing lasting hope for all people