Souper Bowl of Caring
Super Bowl Weekend February 2
Remaining Collection Dates: January 26 and February 2
The Souper Bowl of Caring is an Annual Fund Raiser for the local food pantries. All proceeds will directly and exclusively support our local food pantries: Fishes and Loaves and A.M.E.N. The Lutheran Youth Organization (LYO) of Martin Luther Lutheran Church has led this effort for many years.
How to Participate
- Look for the LYO members holding the large soup pots after worship on the last weekend of January and the first weekend of February.
- Bring in monetary gifts for A.M.E.N. and Fishes and Loaves. Place these in the “Soup Pots” at the sanctuary entrances. For gifts placed in the Soup Pots, Cash or check accepted. Make checks payable to: MLLC LYO; memo line: Souper Bowl. No amount is too small or too large.
- You may give using a designation on your regular offering envelope – note: Souper Bowl.
- All gifts will be processed by the LYO and forwarded to the two recipient groups.
- If you will not be able to attend worship on the designated dates, or you simply forget to bring something to give on those dates, feel free to mail your Souper Bowl of Caring gifts to the church office by February 9.
The LYO has Big Plans to help our neighbors in need:
- Our goal is to meet or exceed last year’s total.
- We have been generous here at Martin Luther over the years. This is our recent history:
In 2013 we collected $637.74
In 2012 we collected $233.00
In 2011 we collected $176.35
In 2010 we collected $156.17.
- This is a nationwide effort. In 2013, $7,481,495 was generated by 8,118 groups across the USA!
- The official web site is: http://www.souperbowl.org
Pingback: Celebrating Youth for Their Big Hearts and Energy | Youth Ministry